SUBMIT URL TO BING
WHAT DOES BING WEBMASTERS TOOL DO?
1. Just like Google, Bing is another webmasters tool. Webmaster Bing gives plenty of details about its search terms. Bing gives you a vivid list of how many times your post has appeared in search engines along with the number of clicks it received.
2. Webmaster Bing also provides us with added information as how many times your blog pages are crawled along with its crawl errors and index status.
3. The most exciting part about Bing is that it gives you the search keywords for which your blog posts have appeared in the search engine.
Trust me this is a gem of all when you could actually see the results of your long tail keywords. You can analyze the data yourself that which ones are working for you.
4. Just like Googlebot, there is Bingbot which crawls into your pages to pick up added information and updated posts and report it back to Bing Webmasters to get it in the search results.
HOW TO SUBMIT A URL TO BING SEARCH ENGINE?
1. Log in to Bing Webmasters Tool with your Microsoft account or a Google account. 2. Add your site address
3. Add URL and sitemap.
You will need to verify your ownership next:
If you have already verified your site with Google then simply click on import data.
After importing the data you will get the following message.
If you are having trouble verifying like this then continue with the other options of verifying the site.
3. Next, you need to verify your site to Bing Webmasters. Here you will get 3 different options to verify the site.
- File Upload
- Adding Meta Tag in Header
- CNAME record to DNS
OPTION 1: FILE UPLOAD
a. Download the XML file
b. Go to your CPanel of your blog hosting >File Manager>Upload
c. Choose your downloaded file.
d. Click verifies on Bing Webmasters and you will have your site verified.
OPTION 2: ADDING META TAG IN THE HEADER
a. Go to your WordPress dashboard>Appearance>Editor
b. Click on header.php to the right of your page
c. Find </head> with CTRL+F
Paste the meta tag provided by Bing just above the </head> tag.
d. Click Verify on Bing Webmaster and your site is verified.
OPTION 3: CNAME RECORD TO DNS
I do not recommend this particular method. If you are using any CDN feature such as Cloudflare or any other then you need to change your Default Name-servers to Custom Name-servers. Once you are using custom name servers then you are not allowed to add records that are required for this particular method of verifying the site. I recommended using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) as it will help your site to load faster.
Still, if you want to verify your site with a CName record to DNS then read on.
c. A Records Page will be opened.
Click on ADD on the bottom left of the page.
f. Click on VERIFY on bing search engine submission. You have to wait for 24 hours before your site gets verified in this process.
After completing the verification do remember to add the sitemap if you have not added it earlier.
You can click on your verified URL under the bing webmaster and scroll down to the sitemap section as a sitemap.xml.
SOME COMPELLING FEATURES OF THE BING WEBMASTERS TOOL
Add more Sitemaps:
This is yet another interesting feature of BWT where you can target your audience based on their locations. You can add pages and URLs and select where to feature your posts.
WRAP UP OF HOW TO SUBMIT URL TO BING
Bing Search Engine Submission is as important as submitting a sitemap to Google.
It is much easier to rank on Page 1 of Bing than on Google, so never miss out on BING website traffic.
Related Seo for Beginners Posts:
- How to set up Yoast SEO?
- How to install Google Analytics and its details study?
- 7 On-Page SEO factors you should know before writing your first post